Is Pacquiao Superman or Super Human?

sponsored links

In my Pacquiao/Clottey prediction earlier this week, I predicted that Pacquiao will go on to coast through the fight and walk away with a Unanimous Decision Victory. I got to tell you, I might as well had said that Clottey will go on to destroy the Pac-Man. Pac-Man by far right now has the most loyal crazed fans in the sport. If you don’t say that Pacquiao will win by knockout then you might as well just go for the other guy. If you say Pacquiao by decision then that must mean that you are doubting the great God that is Pacquiao. I got news for you all, well I got news for ”US” all, I say us because I sometimes feel the same way as you all do. I sometimes also feel that Pacquiao is Superman, thing is that he is not Superman. Pacquiao may perform like a Superman, but he is human like you and I. Super Human yes, but Superman no!

When I mentioned that the way to beat Pacquiao was to bring the fight to him and keep him off balance, to throw off his rythym, many fans responded by saying that ”Reckless” Hatton tried to do just that and well look where it got him. Same can be said about Cotto, same plan, same result. Pac-Man gobbled them up. You are right for pointing that out to me, but since when does Hatton who was also knocked out by feather fisted Floyd, have a chin, and as strong as Clottey? Same can be said about Cotto. Cotto has been dazed countless times before. Like I said in my pick, Pacquiao will win but not in that Superman fashion that seems to be the latest trend. Oh and for those that are quick to point out that Cotto beat Clottey and Pacquiao crushed Cotto so Clottey will also get crushed. Well guess what? Styles make fights. So am I to also think that Floyd will eat up Pacquiao since Floyd toyed with Marquez while Marquez pushed Pac-Man to the limit? I feel that Pacquiao won both Marquez fights but truth be told, Marquez was on Pacquiao’s ass like a rash. It must also be noted that at least Pacquiao fought Marquez at Marquez’s fight weight, but Floyd would have still dominated Marquez at any weight. Why? Once again, because styles make fights. For the most part, I am with you all, I am amazed by Pacquiao each and every time I see him fight. I haven’t seen anything like what I have been seeing in Pacquiao, EVER! Even Bob Arum is now calling Pacquiao the greatest fighter he has ever seen, then again maybe we shouldn’t pay that too much mind since Arum once called Money May the greatest since Ali. Arum is the kind of guy that will eat shit and tell you it tastes good, just as long as he is promoting shit. I am sticking to my pick, Pacquiao by UD. If Pacquiao crushes Clottey like many of you think he will, I will then eat my crow the very next day and help hold up Superman’s cape.

May 1st., May’s 1st. Loss?- I recall sitting some 10-15 feet away from Floyd after he dominated Marquez when a reporter asked him about his money problems. Floyd’s answer to the brave reporter was that Floyd’s money was none of his business. Great answer by Floyd, but he that lives in a glass house should not throw stones. At yesterdays Mosley/Mayweather press conference, Mayweather made it a point to spit out that Shane needs money because Shane now has to pay alimony. I guess my business is my business and your business is everyone’s business. Seems to me that Floyd’s way of life is to always be on the defensive, the same Floyd you see in the ring is the same Floyd that you see out of it. I can hit you all I want but you can’t hit me. Regardless of all that, I gotta give it up to Floyd, He sure knows how to sell a fight.

Caballero Vs. Yordan April 10- Last week while I was out in Vegas, I stopped by Richard Steele’s Gym where I was able to see Celestino Caballero hit the pads with Jeff Mayweather. Celestino looked very strong and very sharp. Caballero’s footwork impressed me alot. Jeff mentioned to me that the 2 have been working together for a little under 2 months now and Caballero keeps surprising him with how fast he is able to pick up on things. Caballero feels that Gamboa and Lopez are both scared to face him in the ring. Earlier today it was announced that the man that will be seeing Caballero in that ring next will be the very tough Daud Yordan. Caballero/Yordan are set to face each other on April 10 on HBO.

Mike who? Mike Jones- I must admit that whenever someone would mention to me how good Mike Jones is, I would simply just shrug and say ok cool let me watch him first then I’ll get back to you. I have always just seen bits and pieces of him but never enough to fully see something for myself. This past weekend, I got to see him in action against Henry Bruseles. I must agree and now say that Mike Jones is good and should not be slept on. I would also like to add that Mike Jones reminds me of a young Vernon Forrest. May you rest in peace champ.

Local News: Ronson Frank back to make a statement- Ronson Frank brother of former champs Steve and Raul will take on tough vet Raynard Darden on March 12. Ronson who is 13-0 with 7 ko’s is looking for #14 to represent Rosedale to the fullest. Ronson who also just signed a new promotional contract will be making his debut under the O’ Shea Brothers Boxing Promotions banner. Mnay other fights are also set to take place including Maureen ”The Real Million Dollar Baby” Shea against Nydia Feliciano. ”St. Patty’s Day Brawl” will be held March 12 at the PaL Gym in Yonkers, Ny. For additional information and tickets, please call 914.216.9381. Big ups to my boy Ronson, do your thing.

source diamondboxing.com

Sponsored Links:


 

Pinoy Topsites